I am running transient analysis on my circuit. There is an initial transient start-up in the simulation that I'm not interested in. I would like to start the simulation at the steady state point. Is there a way to bypass the initial transient?
Assuming that your operating point option in the Transient Analysis Limits is already enabled, the initial transient would have to be simulated. However, once the transient is complete, you can save the data at that point of the simulation and use it to start another simulation at that point. The operation for that is as follows:
1) Set the time range in the Transient Analysis Limits to the time at which you want to save the data.
2) Run the simulation.
3) Go to the Transient menu and choose State Variables Editor.
4) Click on the Write command button and save the file name as circuitname.top where circuitname is the name of your circuit. Close the State Variables Editor.
5) Go to the Transient menu and choose Limits.
6) In the limits, disable the Operating Point option if it is on and change the State Variables option to Read.
7) Set the time range to what you want to simulate and run the simulation.